Donation Request Form
At Wakefield Books, we are committed to supporting local causes that impact our neighbors and community. As booksellers, we work diligently on promoting literacy, reading and just getting books in the hands of those who need them. We also make donations year round to as many other great non-profit organizations as we can. This community has been very supportive of us and we want to give when we can.
In our 4 years of existence, we have donated to:
- Jonnycake Center of Peace Dale
- Save the Bay
- Domestic Violence Resource Center of South County
- Animal Rescue Rhode Island
- Friends of Homeless Animals
- Welcome House of South County
- South County Community Action Inc.
- The Courthouse Center for the Arts
- South Kingstown Museum
- South County Museum
- and many more!
Unfortunately, we are just one independent bookstore and must be judicious in how much we can do and to whom. Please understand that because we receive so many requests, we are not able to accommodate every organization. We reserve the right to limit the frequency of support.
All donation requests must be made through this website at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the event. Please clearly outline what you are requesting. Upon submission of your request, you will receive an email acknowledgment of your request. A staff member will get in touch with you via email or by phone within two weeks of submission.
Fill out the form below. Please try to be as detailed as possible so we can provide you with the proper information when replying. All required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
We are unable to give donations to the following groups:
- Political Organizations or Lobbying groups
- Religious Programs
- Third Party requests on behalf of another organization
- Family or Individual emergency relief; however we do support the agencies that help families and children in emergency situations
- Any agency or event out of our market area