The Dirty South: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #18) (Hardcover)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the Charlie Parker series.
- #1: Every Dead Thing: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #2: Dark Hollow: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #4: The White Road: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #6: The Unquiet: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #7: The Reapers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #8: The Lovers: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $18.00
- #13: A Song of Shadows: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $16.00
- #14: A Time of Torment: A Charlie Parker Thriller (Paperback): $16.00
- #15: A Game of Ghosts: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #15) (Paperback): $17.00
- #16: The Woman in the Woods: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #16) (Paperback): $17.00
- #17: A Book of Bones: A Thriller (Charlie Parker #17) (Hardcover): $28.99
“Brilliant...Connolly is writing at the top of his game.” —Publishers Weekly, starred review
The New York Times bestselling author of A Book of Bones and “one of the best thriller writers we have” (Harlan Coben, #1 New York Times bestselling author) goes back to the very beginning of Private Investigator Charlie Parker’s astonishing career with his first terrifying case.
It is 1997, and someone is slaughtering young women in Burdon County, Arkansas.
But no one in the Dirty South wants to admit it.
In an Arkansas jail cell sits a former NYPD detective, stricken by grief. He is mourning the death of his wife and child, and searching in vain for their killer. Obsessed with avenging his lost family, his life is about to take a shocking turn.
Witness the dawning of a conscience.
Witness the birth of a hunter.
Witness the becoming of Charlie Parker.
About the Author
John Connolly is the author of the Charlie Parker series of thrillers, the supernatural collection Nocturnes, the Samuel Johnson Trilogy for younger readers, and (with Jennifer Ridyard) the Chronicles of the Invaders series. He lives in Dublin, Ireland. For more information, see his website at JohnConnollyBooks.com, or follow him on Twitter @JConnollyBooks.
“A most satisfying read for crime buffs.”
— Kirkus Reviews
"In The Dirty South, we find Connolly weaving together Southern Gothic with Irish Noir for another great supernatural thriller."
— CrimeReads, "The Most Anticipated Crime Books of 2020"
*PRAISE FOR A BOOK OF BONES*
"A seamless, expansive, and chilling blend of police procedural and gothic horror tale . . . perfect for fireside reading on cold, rainy nights."
— Kirkus Reviews
“Complex, pulse-pounding...Connolly’s nuanced characterizations and facility at creating spooky atmospherics make it easy to suspend disbelief about the threat of cosmic horror from other dimensions.”
— Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"There’s no denying this one is a hell of a tale: dark, haunting, and beautifully told . . . the book is required reading."