The Finisher (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery #19) (Hardcover)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery series.
- #11: Stagestruck (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery #11) (Paperback): $14.00
- #12: Cop to Corpse (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery #12) (Paperback): $14.95
- #13: The Tooth Tattoo (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery #13) (Paperback): $15.95
- #14: The Stone Wife (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery #14) (Paperback): $15.95
- #15: Down Among the Dead Men (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery #15) (Paperback): $15.95
- #16: Another One Goes Tonight (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery #16) (Paperback): $15.95
- #17: Beau Death (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery #17) (Paperback): $16.95
- #18: Killing with Confetti (A Detective Peter Diamond Mystery #18) (Hardcover): $27.95
On the 50th anniversary of the publication of his first novel, Peter Lovesey, Mystery Writers of America Grand Master and titan of the British detective novel, returns to the subject of his very first mystery—running.
Through a particularly ill-fated series of events, couch potato Maeve Kelly, an elementary school teacher whose mother always assured her “curvy” girls shouldn’t waste their time trying to be fit, has been forced to sign up for the Other Half, Bath’s springtime half marathon. The training is brutal, but she must disprove her mother and collect pledges for her aunt’s beloved charity. What Maeve doesn’t know is just how vicious some of the other runners are.
Meanwhile, Detective Peter Diamond is tasked with crowd control on the raucous day of the race—and catches sight of a violent criminal he put away a decade ago, and who very much seems to be up to his old tricks now that he is paroled. Diamond’s hackles are already up when he learns that one of the runners never crossed the finish line and disappeared without a trace. Was Diamond a spectator to murder?
About the Author
Peter Lovesey is the author of forty highly praised mystery novels. He has been named a Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America and has been awarded the CWA Gold and Silver Daggers, the Cartier Diamond Dagger for Lifetime Achievement, the Strand Magazine Award for Lifetime Achievement, the Macavity, Barry, and Anthony Awards, and many other honors. He lives in Shrewsbury, England.
Praise for Killing with Confetti
“Mr. Lovesey has been writing his Peter Diamond series for nearly three decades, and it’s a pleasure to note no discernible flagging of energy in author or detective. And how refreshing to hear the inimitable Diamond erupt in righteous ‘F— forensics. . . . We’re detectives. . . . We investigate.’”
—The Wall Street Journal
“Lovesey plant[s] clever clues, a big surprise and a tense climax in the labyrinthine ruins of the town’s Roman baths.”
—The Seattle Times
“We're treated to Lovesey's enchanting style . . . urbane wordplay and sucker-punch plotting. Don't believe anyone who says, ‘I knew it all along.’”
“Rich with history of the scenic area of Bath, England, and laced with wit, danger, pathos, love and loss . . . A delightful summer escape from the drumbeat of real-world events.”