Birnbaum's 2023 Walt Disney World (Birnbaum Guides) (Paperback)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Walt Disney World honors its fiftieth anniversary with "The World's Most Magical Celebration," an incredible 18-month event that lasts until March 2023. As the resort celebrates and continues to grow and evolve, trust Birnbaum as your 2022-2023 guide for:
- insider tips on how to see and do it all--and according to enhanced health and safety measures
- detailed descriptions of all attractions, resorts, and eateries
- money-saving strategies
- a fold-out property map on the inside back cover
- the return of coupons inside
- The latest additions to your "must-do" lists: t he groundbreaking attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance the, the exciting Slinky Dog Dash, the zany Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, and the Disney Skyliner--the aerial gondola system connecting EPCOT, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and four resorts.
- Epic new resorts: the now-open Disney's Riviera Resort and the forthcoming Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser experience.
- The insider's updates on Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, the upcoming expansion at EPCOT, and more!
- Plan a Walt Disney World vacation that's right for you, including deciding when to go
- Stretch your dollar with money-saving tips and great value resorts like the Art of Animation and Pop Century
- Utilize the latest options for Extra Magic Hours, the MagicBand, and Disney's FastPass+
- Choose (and book) a Disney dining experience with our extensive restaurant coverage
- Understand the Disney Dining Plan program
- Reserve a breakfast with Mickey Mouse and his Disney pals
- Enjoy Disney Springs, a vibrant dining, shopping, and entertainment district
- Sign up for behind-the-scenes tours
- Detect dozens of Hidden Mickeys throughout the theme parks
- Plan the ultimate "land and sea" vacation with our Disney Cruise Line bonus chapter
- Birnbaum's 2023 Walt Disney World for Kids
- The Hidden Mickeys of Walt Disney World
About the Author
When Steve Birnbaum launched this guide in 1981, he made it clear what was expected of anyone who worked on it: The book would be meticulously revised each year, leaving no attraction untested, no snack or meal untasted, no hotel untried. First-hand experiences like these, accumulated over the years, make this book the most authoritative guide to the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
Our expertise, however, is not achieved by being escorted through back doors of attractions (although we would enjoy that). Instead, we wait in lines with everyone else, always hoping to have a Disney experience like that of any other guest.
While Walt Disney World has vastly expanded, and so has our knowledge of the most popular vacation destinations on the planet. On some occasions we've encountered sweltering weather and swelling crowds, times when even the happiest of travelers can turn into Grumpy for a moment or two. Had we known then what we know now, we could have spared ourselves some trying experiences.
In one case, a staffer waited more than an hour to get on an attraction. Standing in line with a notebook, she was asked by another guest if there was a quiz at the end. When she explained what she was doing, he expressed surprise to learn that she was waiting with the masses. But that's always been our strategy.
We believe the best way to gather useful advice for a Disney park guest is to be one. Over and over again!
—Jill Safro, editor
"The Official Guide is also the best."—The New York Times
One of "10 Gift Ideas Theme Park Fans Will Love . . . While giving a Disney vacation is a gift out of most people's price ranges, you still can help loved ones plan for their next theme park vacation. The best Disney guidebooks are from Birnbaum's, and [release] ahead of the New Year. . . . The guidebooks offer everything from tips on how to maximize your park experiences to restaurant reviews."—International Business Times
One of "10 things I learned from our Disney vacation: If you plan to go, plan ahead. The average American wedding takes 8-12 months to prepare. That's a reasonable baseline for researching, booking, and preparing for a Disney trip, in my limited experience. And take advantage of the information that's available. . . . Birnbaum's Walt Disney World guidebook filled in a lot of other gaps."—NPR
One of "19 great coffee table books for Disney fans"—Business Insider