The Warsaw Protocol: A Novel (Cotton Malone #15) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 15 in the Cotton Malone series.
- #1: The Templar Legacy: A Novel (Cotton Malone #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: The Alexandria Link: A Novel (Cotton Malone #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Venetian Betrayal (Cotton Malone #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: The Charlemagne Pursuit: A Novel (Cotton Malone #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Paris Vendetta: A Novel (Cotton Malone #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: The Emperor's Tomb (with bonus short story The Balkan Escape): A Novel (Cotton Malone #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Jefferson Key (with bonus short story The Devil's Gold): A Novel (Cotton Malone #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The King's Deception: A Novel (Cotton Malone #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: The Lincoln Myth: A Novel (Cotton Malone #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Patriot Threat: A Novel (Cotton Malone #10) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: The 14th Colony: A Novel (Cotton Malone #11) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #12: The Lost Order: A Novel (Cotton Malone #12) (Paperback): $16.99
- #13: The Bishop's Pawn: A Novel (Cotton Malone #13) (Paperback): $17.99
- #14: The Malta Exchange: A Novel (Cotton Malone #14) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #16: The Kaiser's Web: A Novel (Cotton Malone #16) (Paperback): $18.99
- #17: The Last Kingdom (Cotton Malone #17) (Hardcover): $29.00
- #18: The Atlas Maneuver (Cotton Malone #18) (Hardcover): $30.00
In New York Times bestseller Steve Berry’s next Cotton Malone adventure, one by one the seven precious relics of the Arma Christi, the weapons of Christ, are disappearing from sanctuaries across the world.
After former Justice Department agent Cotton Malone witnesses the theft of one of them, he learns from his old boss, Stephanie Nelle, that a private auction is about to be held where incriminating information on the president of Poland will be offered to the highest bidder—blackmail that both the United States and Russia want, but for vastly different reasons.
The price of admission to that auction is one of the relics, so Malone is first sent to a castle in Poland to steal the Holy Lance, a thousand-year-old spear sacred to not only Christians but to the Polish people, and then on to the auction itself. But nothing goes as planned and Malone is thrust into a bloody battle between three nations over information that, if exposed, could change the balance of power in Europe.
From the tranquil canals of Bruges, to the elegant rooms of Wawel Castle, to deep beneath the earth into an ancient Polish salt mine, Malone is caught in the middle of a deadly war—the outcome of which turns on a secret known as the Warsaw Protocol.
About the Author
Steve Berry is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of the Cotton Malone novels (The Bishop's Pawn, The Malta Exchange), among other books, and several works of short fiction. He has 25 million books in print, translated into 40 languages.
With his wife, Elizabeth, he is the founder of History Matters, which is dedicated to historical preservation. He serves as an emeritus member of the Smithsonian Libraries Advisory Board and was a founding member of International Thriller Writers, formerly serving as its co-president.
Praise for The Warsaw Protocol
"Berry blends a fascinating history of Poland and its neighbors and tweaks it a bit to deliver a novel that is both thrilling and timely." — Associated Press
"This novel is a history lesson wrapped around a thriller injected with steroids . . . Berry pumps the veins of history with action-packed adrenaline of global espionage and intrigue." — The Chicago Tribune
“Berry once again shows there’s no working author more skilled at combining thrilling adventure with engrossing historical detail.” — Publishers Weekly
"Berry has called Dan Brown and raised him, taking the lead in the big-money game of the religious-relic thriller." —Booklist
Praise for Steve Berry
“The intrigue is intense . . . . Thriller fans will have their violence fix, but the real fun is in learning about the inner workings of the church, its history dating all the way back to Constantine, and the troubled past of Malta . . . . This one will appeal to Dan Brown fans and anyone else in the mood for a page-turning yarn.” —Kirkus Reviews on The Malta Exchange
"[Berry] really is very good at the historical-conspiracy thriller; he’s a skilled writer—much more so than Dan Brown, to whom he's often compared—and a more dexterous plotter than many of his contemporaries. Fans of the Malone series will give this one an enthusiastic thumbs-up.” — Booklist on The Malta Exchange
"The Lost Order, Steve Berry’s latest Cotton Malone adventure, combines the history of a secret society with a look inside the Smithsonian Institution —and it’s terrific. Berry has written another gripping novel.” —Jeff Ayers, Associated Press (USA Today, Washington Post, ABC News) on The Lost Order
“Another terrific blend of history and thrills.” —Library Journal “Best of 2017” on The Lost Order