Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the Irish Country Books series.
- #1: An Irish Country Doctor: A Novel (Irish Country Books #1) (Paperback): $16.99
- #2: An Irish Country Village: A Novel (Irish Country Books #2) (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: An Irish Country Christmas: A Novel (Irish Country Books #3) (Paperback): $15.99
- #4: An Irish Country Girl: A Novel (Irish Country Books #4) (Paperback): $14.99
- #5: An Irish Country Courtship: A Novel (Irish Country Books #5) (Paperback): $14.99
- #6: A Dublin Student Doctor: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #6) (Paperback): $14.99
- #7: An Irish Country Wedding: A Novel (Irish Country Books #7) (Paperback): $15.99
- #8: Fingal O'Reilly, Irish Doctor: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #8) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #9: An Irish Doctor in Peace and at War: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #9) (Hardcover): $24.99
- #10: An Irish Doctor in Love and at Sea: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #10) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #11: An Irish Country Love Story: A Novel (Irish Country Books #11) (Paperback): $15.99
- #12: An Irish Country Practice: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #12) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #13: An Irish Country Cottage: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #13) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #15: An Irish Country Welcome (Irish Country Books #15) (Hardcover): $26.99
The instant USA Today bestselller!
An Irish Country Family is a charming entry in Patrick Taylor's beloved internationally bestselling Irish Country series.
Before Doctor Barry Laverty joined Doctor Fingal O’Reilly's practice in the colorful Irish village of Ballybucklebo, he was an intern, working long hours, practicing new medical techniques, falling in love, and learning what is most important in the medical field for a family physician—the bonds of family, friendships, and human kindness.
Years later, Barry practices everything he has learned in Ballybucklebo, a lovely village where neighbor looks after neighbor. And while his own efforts to start a family with his wife Sue have been frustrated, the community around him couldn’t be stronger as they work together to show their solidarity.
Shifting effortlessly between the two time periods, bestselling author Patrick Taylor continues the story of these beloved characters while vividly bringing the daily joys and struggles of this delightful Irish village to life.
About the Author
Patrick Taylor, M.D., is the author of the Irish Country books, including An Irish Country Doctor, An Irish Country Village, An Irish Country Christmas, An Irish Country Girl, and An Irish Country Courtship. Taylor was born and raised in Bangor, County Down, in Northern Ireland. After qualifying as a specialist in 1969, he worked in Canada for thirty-one years. He now lives on Saltspring Island, British Columbia.
“Chockful of charm, colorful characters, and earthy wisdom, this gentle read is the perfect antidote for whatever ails you; urge readers to pour a cup of tea and cozy up for a return visit to Taylor's delightful corner of the fictional universe.” —Booklist
“Taylor returns to Ballybuckleboo to continue chronicling the dreams and exploits of the village's residents...It is always a pleasure to return to this small corner of Northern Ireland” —Booklist on An Irish Country Cottage
“Gentle humor, deeply emotional stories drawn from everyday life.” —Kirkus Reviews on An Irish Doctor in Love and at Sea
“Deeply steeped in Irish country life and meticulous in detail, the story is the perfect companion for a comfy fire and a cup of tea or a pint of bitter. A totally wonderful read!” —Library Journal, starred review, on An Irish Doctor in Peace and at War
“Taylor's gentle, engaging narrative is peopled with familiar characters, but newcomers to Ballybucklebo will catch up quickly and enjoy the charm and warmth of the tightly knit community. Taylor's Ireland is always a pleasure to visit.” —Shelf Awareness