Wildlife of Southern Africa (Princeton Pocket Guides #6) (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Usually Ships in 3-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Princeton Pocket Guides series.
- #3: Wildlife of East Africa (Princeton Pocket Guides #3) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
The definitive guide for identifying Southern Africa's wildlifeHighly portable, concise, and informative, this is the essential guide for identifying Southern Africa's most visible wildlife. Featuring full-color photos of more than 400 species of birds, mammals, snakes, lizards, and insects, Wildlife of Southern Africa provides a spectacular sense of what travelers can see in the major game reserves and national parks of South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and southern Mozambique. Each species in this guide is accompanied by at least one full-color photograph plus a full textual description. Tips on wildlife photography as well as information on how to make the most of a safari are also included. This is a must-have guide for anyone planning or dreaming about a visit to this fascinating part of the world.
- Highly portable and informative guide to the wildlife of Southern Africa
- Hundreds of full-color photos detail more than 400 species
- At least one full-color photograph and full textual description for each species
- Tips on wildlife photography and making the most of a safari
About the Author
Martin B. Withers is one of Britain's finest nature photographers and a tour leader with Hosking Tours. David Hosking is a wildlife photographer who, together with his wife, Jean, runs the Frank Lane Picture Agency. He also runs Hosking Tours Ltd., a company that specializes in nature photographic holidays. Hosking and Withers are the coauthors of Wildlife of East Africa (Princeton).