Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 29 in the A Prey Novel series.
- #1: Rules of Prey (A Prey Novel #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Shadow Prey (A Prey Novel #2) (Paperback): $7.99
- #7: Mind Prey (A Prey Novel #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Sudden Prey (A Prey Novel #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Secret Prey (A Prey Novel #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Certain Prey (A Prey Novel #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Chosen Prey (A Prey Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #19: Wicked Prey (A Prey Novel #19) (Paperback): $9.99
- #20: Storm Prey (A Prey Novel #20) (Paperback): $9.99
- #21: Buried Prey (A Prey Novel #21) (Paperback): $9.99
- #22: Stolen Prey (A Prey Novel #22) (Paperback): $9.99
- #23: Silken Prey: A Lucas Davenport Novel (A Prey Novel #23) (Paperback): $9.99
- #24: Field of Prey (A Prey Novel #24) (Paperback): $9.99
- #25: Gathering Prey (A Prey Novel #25) (Paperback): $9.99
- #27: Golden Prey (A Prey Novel #27) (Large Print / Paperback): $31.00
- #28: Twisted Prey (A Prey Novel #28) (Paperback): $9.99
- #30: Masked Prey (A Prey Novel #30) (Hardcover): $20.30
Lucas Davenport tracks a prolific serial killer in this nail-biting #1 New York Times-bestseller from John Sandford.
Clayton Deese looks like a small-time criminal, muscle for hire when his loan shark boss needs to teach someone a lesson. Now, seven months after a job that went south and landed him in jail, Deese has skipped out on bail, and the U.S. Marshals come looking for him. They don't much care about a low-level guy--it's his boss they want--but Deese might be their best chance to bring down the whole operation.
Then, they step onto a dirt trail behind Deese's rural Louisiana cabin and find a jungle full of graves.
Now Lucas Davenport is on the trail of a serial killer who has been operating for years without notice. His quarry is ruthless, and--as Davenport will come to find--full of surprises . . .
About the Author
John Sandford is the pseudonym for the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist John Camp. He is the author of twenty-eight Prey novels; four Kidd novels; ten Virgil Flowers novels; three YA novels coauthored with his wife, Michele Cook; and three other books.
“[Sandford is] his usual entertaining self in this hard-core adventure....Davenport is an inspired creation.”—Marilyn Stasio, The New York Times Book Review
“The Prey novels are wildly entertaining with their clever plotting, mordant humor, and smart-ass dialogue. This one doesn't break the pattern.”—Booklist
Praise for John Sandford’s Prey Novels
“Relentlessly swift...genuinely suspenseful...excellent.”—Los Angeles Times
“Sandford is a writer in control of his craft.”—Chicago Sun-Times
“Excellent...compelling...everything works.”—USA Today
“Grip-you-by-the-throat thrills...a hell of a ride.”—Houston Chronicle
“Crackling, page-turning tension...great scary fun.”—The New York Daily News
“Enough pulse-pounding, page-turning excitement to keep you up way past bedtime.”—Minneapolis Star Tribune
“One of the most engaging characters in contemporary fiction.”—Detroit News
“Positively chilling.”—St. Petersburg Times
“Just right for fans of The Silence of the Lambs.”—Booklist
“One of the most horrible villains this side of Hannibal.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch
“Ice-pick chills...excruciatingly tense...a double-pumped roundhouse of a thriller.”—Kirkus Reviews