The Shadow Patrol (A John Wells Novel #6) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 3-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the A John Wells Novel series.
- #1: The Faithful Spy (A John Wells Novel #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Silent Man (A John Wells Novel #3) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #4: The Midnight House (A John Wells Novel #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #5: The Secret Soldier (A John Wells Novel #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Night Ranger (A John Wells Novel #7) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #8: The Counterfeit Agent (A John Wells Novel #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Twelve Days (A John Wells Novel #9) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #10: The Wolves (A John Wells Novel #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: The Prisoner (A John Wells Novel #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: The Deceivers (A John Wells Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
John Wells returns to Afghanistan—the country where his career began—in this gripping thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author Alex Berenson.
In late 2009, CIA officers in Afghanistan’s Kabul station allowed a Jordanian doctor into their closest confidence. In truth, the doctor was an al-Qaeda double agent—and when he blew himself up, the station’s most senior officers died with him.
Years later, the station still hasn’t recovered. Recruiting has dried up and the agency’s best Afghani sources are being eliminated. At Langley, the CIA’s chiefs begin to suspect the worst: somehow, the Taliban has infiltrated the station.
When they ask John Wells to investigate, he reluctantly agrees. One thing is certain: Americans are dying, and an American is responsible. Wells is the only one who can unearth the truth—if it doesn’t bury him first...
About the Author
Alex Berenson is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the John Wells series, including The Faithful Spy, which won the 2007 Edgar Award for best first novel. As a reporter for The New York Times, Berenson covered topics ranging from the occupation of Iraq—where he was stationed for three months—to the flooding of New Orleans, to the world pharmaceutical industry, to the financial crimes of Bernie Madoff. He graduated from Yale University in 1994 with degrees in history and economics, and lives in New York City.
Praise for The Shadow Patrol
“Superbly paced action sequences and the kind of background that suggests a better-than-average understanding of what soldiers on the ground actually see in Afghanistan.”—Kirkus Reviews
“The book never lets up as it exposes the terrors and boredom of war on the front lines.”—Providence Journal
“This thriller pours on the blood and guts.”—Library Journal
More Praise for Alex Berenson
“Berenson rises above the thriller genre.”—St. Louis Post-Dispatch
“The authenticity Berenson brings to his ripped-from-the-headlines stories makes them seem as vividly real and scary as nonfiction or the nightly news.”—Booklist
“Wells is a refreshing thriller hero, sort of the anti–Jack Bauer.”—St. Petersburg Times