Escape Clause (A Virgil Flowers Novel #9) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the A Virgil Flowers Novel series.
- #1: Dark of the Moon (A Virgil Flowers Novel #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Bad Blood (A Virgil Flowers Novel #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Shock Wave (A Virgil Flowers Novel #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Mad River (A Virgil Flowers Novel #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Storm Front (A Virgil Flowers Novel #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Deadline: A Virgil Flowers Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Deep Freeze (A Virgil Flowers Novel #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Holy Ghost (A Virgil Flowers Novel #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Bloody Genius (A Virgil Flowers Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
Virgil Flowers faces double trouble in this exceptional thriller in the #1 New York Times-bestselling series
Whenever you hear the sky rumble, that usually means a storm. In Virgil Flowers' case, make that two.
The first comes from, of all places, the Minnesota zoo. Two large Siberian tigers have vanished from their cage, and authorities are very concerned that they've been stolen for their organs. Traditional Chinese medicine prizes their parts for home remedies, and people will do extreme things to get—and keep—what they need. As Detective Flowers of the Minnesota Bureau of Apprehension is about to find out.
Then there's the homefront. Virgil's relationship with his girlfriend Frankie has been getting kind of serious, but when Frankie's sister, Sparkle, moves in for the summer, things get a lot more complicated. Sparkle has a roving eye, and it's fixed right on Virgil.
Forget a storm—this one's a tornado.
About the Author
John Sandford is the pseudonym for Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist John Camp. He is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Prey series featuring Lucas Davenport, the Kidd series, the Virgil Flowers series, three YA novels coauthored with his wife, Michele Cook, and three other books, most recently Saturn Run.
PRAISE FOR THE VIRGIL FLOWERS SERIES
“Another brainy thriller from a prolific author, Deadline fulfills readers’ expectations of Sandford’s fiction: tense, smart and character-driven.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch
“Sandford’s best Flowers book to date. This book is the most fun I have had reading in a long time.”—The Huffington Post
“The biggest joys of this series are Flowers himself (his boss is Lucas Davenport from Sandford’s Prey novels), the case of eccentric supporting characters, and the humorous dialogue.”—Shelf Awareness
“Pure reading pleasure.”—Booklist
“Sandford keeps one last surprise up his sleeve, and it’s a doozy. Exhilaratingly professional work by both Virgil and his creator.”—Kirkus Reviews
“Rich characters [and] the descriptions of small-town life, politics and corruption and the concurrent trails of action make for a fast and entertaining read.”—Pittsburgh Post-Gazette