The Midnight House (A John Wells Novel #4) (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the A John Wells Novel series.
- #1: The Faithful Spy (A John Wells Novel #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Silent Man (A John Wells Novel #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Secret Soldier (A John Wells Novel #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: The Shadow Patrol (A John Wells Novel #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Night Ranger (A John Wells Novel #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Counterfeit Agent (A John Wells Novel #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Twelve Days (A John Wells Novel #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Wolves (A John Wells Novel #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: The Prisoner (A John Wells Novel #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: The Deceivers (A John Wells Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
The #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Deceivers delivers a gripping John Wells thriller that takes readers into the darkest shadows of a silent war…
One morning, a former CIA agent is shot to death in the street. That night, an army vet is gunned down in his doorway. The next day, John Wells gets a phone call. Come to Langley. Now.
The victims were part of an interrogation team that operated out of a secret base in Poland called the Midnight House, where they worked over the toughest jihadis, extracting information by any means necessary. Now Wells must find out who is killing them. Islamic terrorists are the likeliest suspects, and Wells is uniquely qualified to go undercover and find them. But the trail of blood leads him to a place he couldn’t have imagined: Home.
About the Author
Alex Berenson is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the John Wells series, including The Faithful Spy, which won the 2007 Edgar Award for best first novel. As a reporter for The New York Times, Berenson covered topics ranging from the occupation of Iraq—where he was stationed for three months—to the flooding of New Orleans, to the world pharmaceutical industry, to the financial crimes of Bernie Madoff. He graduated from Yale University in 1994 with degrees in history and economics, and lives in New York City.
Praise for The Midnight House
“Berenson combines his thorough knowledge of the Middle East with an acquired sense of corporate intrigue in this bullet-paced, psychologically engaging tale of torture and espionage.”—The New York Times
“A superbly crafted spy thriller that doubles as a gripping mystery.”—Kirkus Reviews
“A refreshing hero, the anti–Jack Bauer...Cinematic firefights and fisticuffs.”—St. Petersburg Times
“Arguably Berenson’s best thriller yet.”—Library Journal